From love handles to lift lines there are few things that can't be improved by a nice backcountry tour. Because splitboarding is the answer!
Venture Snowboards and Ska Brewing are once again teaming up to welcome winter in style with their Fifth Annual Season Kickoff Party scheduled for Saturday, December 5th - Silverton Mountain's opening day!
For the fifth year running, the two homegrown Colorado companies are producing a small run of custom graphics boards and a special winter brew, both of which will be unveiled at the bash. This year's Season Kickoff features live music from The Freeman Social and Fuzzy Killing Machine, Ska drink specials, and tons of giveaways from Bubba's Boards, Ice Pirates Snowmobile Tours, Inferno Snowboard Shop, Purl Wax, Silverton Mountain, Silverton Powder Cats, Smith Optics, Skullcandy, Spark R&D, and Wolf Creek Ski Area.
The highlight of the evening will be the raffle for a coveted limited edition Ska/Venture custom snowboard. This year's deck features the Modus Hoperandi graphic and the distinctive Venture snowflake, and is destined to become a collector’s item for beer and snow lovers alike.
The Season Kickoff Party gets rockin' at 8 pm at Silverton's Pride of the West (1323 Greene Street). Cover charge is $6 and this is a 21+ event. Proceeds will benefit the Center for Snow and Avalanche Studies in Silverton. For more information call 970.387.5269.
YOU COULD WIN THIS BOARD!!
We're hop - hop - hoppy to unveil the limited edition 09.10 Venture/Ska Brewing decks with a sweet Modus Hoperandi graphic! If you haven't tried this incredible IPA, it's time you touched some to your lips! Ska will be giving these puppies away at special events throughout the winter, including our 5th Annual Season Kickoff Party. Stay tuned for more details!
The inside scoop on Venture, put together by one of our favorite powder hounds, Jason Ebelheiser.
Design your own snowboard graphic and help the environment too!
In cooperation with the nonprofit environmental group Protect Our Winters (POW), Venture Snowboards is sponsoring a board graphics competition centered on increasing awareness of the global warming crisis.
Any medium goes – photography, paintings, pencil sketches, you name it – as long as the artwork incorporates the themes of winter, the environment, and activism. So get creative and speak out for the environment!
Entries will be accepted through January 1, 2010, when a panel of judges will select the top ten submissions.The ten winners of this first level competition will receive t-shirts and swag as prizes, and be entered into a second round of judging open to the general public.The winning design will be incorporated into a run of special edition POW boards for winter 2010/2011.The grand prize winner will receive a brand spanking new POW deck emblazoned with their artwork.
Here's the nitty gritty on the competition:
- Submissions are limited to one entry per person.
- Submissions must be received by January 1, 2010.
- Results of the first tier competition will be posted on the Venture and POW websites in mid January 2010.
- Open voting will take place from mid January through late February 2010.
- First tier winners will receive t-shirts and other swag as prizes.
- Second tier winner will be announced in early March 2010.
- Second tier winner will receive a new Venture/POW snowboard.
- Only original artwork will be accepted.
- Employees of Venture Snowboards and POW are ineligible.
- No purchase is necessary.
- This contest is void where prohibited.
- By entering the contest, entrant grants Venture Snowboards and POW perpetual, nonexclusive rights to the artwork.
- Entries will be judged by a panel selected by Venture Snowboards and POW and all decisions are final.
HOW TO ENTER:
Venture and POW logos are available for use in your design. See links at the bottom of this post.
- Electronic submissions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the words "POW Contest" in the subject line.
- Please submit electronic entries as jpg files, no larger than 2 MB.
- Please name your file using the following convention: POW_ yourfirstname_yourlastname.jpg
- Include the following information in the body of your email: Full name, daytime and evening phone numbers, mailing address, email address, title of artwork.
- Electronic entries must be received no later than January 1, 2010.
- Incomplete or late entries will not be judged.
Mail In Submissions
- Submissions by mail should be sent to: Venture Snowboards, Attn: POW Contest, PO Box 547, Silverton, CO 81433.
- Include the following information with your entry: Full name, daytime and evening phone numbers, mailing address, email address, title of artwork.
- Mail in entries must be received no later than January 1, 2010.
- Incomplete or late entries will not be judged.
Venture - Vertical EPS
Venture - Vertical PDF
Venture - Horizontal EPS
Venture - Horizontal PDF
POW - Vertical EPS
POW - Vertical PDF
POW - Horizontal EPS
POW - Horizontal PDF
Venture Snowboards is proud to announce a partnership with Protect Our Winters.
Protect Our Winters (POW) is a non-profit environmental organization formed in 2007 by professional snowboarder Jeremy Jones. The organization’s mission is to reverse the global warming crisis by uniting and mobilizing the winter sports community to have a direct and positive impact on climate change.
For the winter 2009/2010 season, Venture will emblazon all its Euphoria powder boards – both solid and split – with the POW logo, and donate a portion of sales from these boards to POW. Get a POW board under foot today, and help ensure there's pow for the next generation of riders!
Check out the POW Euphoria board here.
We're hard at work building boards for you to play on this winter. Follow this link for more production pics!
Our tapping party for Euphoria Pale Ale last Friday was a blast, packing the Ska tasting room with folks eager for the start of winter.
A-DUB ROCK kept the party pumping with their special blend of Rocky Mountain Reggae.
Arlo from Ska and Lisa from Venture present a VERY excited winner with the grand prize giveaway - a brand new Venture Zephyr!
No doubt about it, this guy was stoked. We hope he enjoys the ride!
A longtime Venture/Ska devotee packs his trunk with sixers of the hoppy elixir. His reason for hoarding beer? "I'm going to Utah..." 'Nuff said!
Here's a little sneak peek at next season's board graphics....Enjoy the eye candy!
Zephyr (all mountain)
Storm (big mountain freeride)
Split Storm (formerly called the Divide)
Helix (true twin)
Euphoria (powder specific)
We will be offering all four models in split and solid versions, and will also be introducing some rockered shapes into the lineup. Stay tuned for more info a little later this summer!
Yes, we finally succumbed to peer pressure and will now be chirping away like a happy little birdie on Twitter. Follow us for all the latest, greatest, totally banal information!
And for those Facebook junkies out there - we're working that angle too.
Myspace coming soon....