One lucky shutter bug will win a brand new deck. Will it be you?
Venture Snowboards is sponsoring a season-long series of photo competitions this winter with the theme "The Mountain Life." Anything goes - lifestyle, action, scenic, humor... as long as it reflects life in the mountains. So get creative and capture the essence of the mountain life. Extra credit given for shots that include a Venture snowboard!
First tier competitions will take place monthly from September 2008 through March 2009, with t-shirts and other Venture swag as prizes. Monthly winners will be entered into a second tier competition, to be judged in early April. The grand prize for the second tier contest is a brand bking new Venture snowboard.
The nitty gritty on the competition:
- Submissions are limited to one photo per person per month.
- Monthly submission deadlines are as follows: 9/30/08, 10/31/08, 11/30/08, 12/31/08, 1/31/09, 2/28/09, 3/31/09. Submissions received after these dates will roll over into the next month's competition.
- Results of monthly competitions will be posted on the Venture Snowboards blog early the following month.
- Winning photos will be displayed on the Venture Snowboards website and blog.
- First tier winners will receive Venture t-shirts and other swag as prizes.
- Second tier winner will be announced in early April.
- Second tier winner will receive a new Venture snowboard (splitboards excluded).
- Only original photography will be accepted.
- Employees of Venture Snowboards are ineligible.
- No purchase is necessary.
- This contest is void where prohibited.
- By entering the contest, entrant grants Venture Snowboards perpetual, nonexclusive rights to the photo.
- Entries will be judged by a panel selected by Venture Snowboards and all decisions are final.
Here's how to enter:
- Email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the words "Photo Contest" in the subject line.
- Include the following information in the body of your email: Full name, daytime and evening phone numbers, mailing address, description of photo, name(s) of subject(s), and location.
- Photos must be jpg or tif files, no larger than 2 MB. Please name your file using the following convention: yourfirstname_yourlastname_submissionmonth.jpg.
- Incomplete entries will not be judged.
Now grab that camera and get snapping!
... and patiently at that.
Headed to New Zealand on Monday... can't stand still and super charged for the trip!!! Set up the board bag last night loaded with my freshly tuned on Storm 165 Venture locked and loaded!!! We'll be sending tons of pix as we can .... the stoke is on!!! near record snow in NZ!