"The Mountain Life" Photo Contest Announced
One lucky shutter bug will win a brand new deck. Will it be you?
Venture Snowboards is sponsoring a season-long series of photo competitions this winter with the theme "The Mountain Life." Anything goes - lifestyle, action, scenic, humor... as long as it reflects life in the mountains. So get creative and capture the essence of the mountain life. Extra credit given for shots that include a Venture snowboard!
First tier competitions will take place monthly from September 2008 through March 2009, with t-shirts and other Venture swag as prizes. Monthly winners will be entered into a second tier competition, to be judged in early April. The grand prize for the second tier contest is a brand bking new Venture snowboard.
The nitty gritty on the competition:
- Submissions are limited to one photo per person per month.
- Monthly submission deadlines are as follows: 9/30/08, 10/31/08, 11/30/08, 12/31/08, 1/31/09, 2/28/09, 3/31/09. Submissions received after these dates will roll over into the next month's competition.
- Results of monthly competitions will be posted on the Venture Snowboards blog early the following month.
- Winning photos will be displayed on the Venture Snowboards website and blog.
- First tier winners will receive Venture t-shirts and other swag as prizes.
- Second tier winner will be announced in early April.
- Second tier winner will receive a new Venture snowboard (splitboards excluded).
- Only original photography will be accepted.
- Employees of Venture Snowboards are ineligible.
- No purchase is necessary.
- This contest is void where prohibited.
- By entering the contest, entrant grants Venture Snowboards perpetual, nonexclusive rights to the photo.
- Entries will be judged by a panel selected by Venture Snowboards and all decisions are final.
Here's how to enter:
- Email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the words "Photo Contest" in the subject line.
- Include the following information in the body of your email: Full name, daytime and evening phone numbers, mailing address, description of photo, name(s) of subject(s), and location.
- Photos must be jpg or tif files, no larger than 2 MB. Please name your file using the following convention: yourfirstname_yourlastname_submissionmonth.jpg.
- Incomplete entries will not be judged.
Now grab that camera and get snapping!