Silverton Splitfest 2019
April 18th - 21st, 2019
Ride new lines, make new friends, learn new backcountry skills, and demo the latest splitboard gear at this 8th annual gathering of the tribe in Silverton, Colorado!
$125 Weekend Package Includes:
- Thursday happy hour at the Venture factory
- Thursday night pizza party* with beer
- Catered dinner*, beer & backcountry education talks on Friday & Saturday
- Free splitboard demos from a host of manufacturers
- Epic gear raffle fundraiser for Colorado Avalanche Information Center & Silverton Avalanche School.
Classes with Silverton Avalanche School (separate fees apply):
- April 18th: Avalanche Rescue
- April 19th: Splitboard Basics
- April 20th: Expert Splitboard Clinic
- April 21st: Advanced Intermediate Splitboard Clinic
Stay tuned to the Facebook Event Page and be sure to subscribe to the Venture newsletter below for the latest updates (if you only want splitfest info and not general Venture news, just email us and let us know. Please note if you have unsubscribed from our email list we will not be able to contact you with last minute updates, e.g. road conditions).
Bring your own full splitboard setup. Demos are free, but limited and typically only available for one day, as reps are trying to give as many people a chance to try their gear as possible. Rentals are available from Silverton Avalanche School, so be sure to contact them to reserve whatever you need if you don't have your own setup.
There are tons of opportunities for primitive winter camping on USFS and BLM lands around Silverton - as the event gets closer and we know which roads are plowed and accessible we will share more information.
* Both gluten free and vegetarian meal options are available. For those with Celiac disease or other serious gluten allergies, please note that the caterer's kitchen is NOT gluten free and cross contamination of ingredients may occur.
Silverton Splitfest is not a guided event and attendees will be responsible for their own safety and decisions throughout the event. Attendees are responsible for providing their own backcountry gear including beacon, shovel and probe.
Registration for this event closes April 1st (no foolin'). Logistics information and a detailed itinerary will be emailed as the event date gets closer. Please note that your registration is not refundable, however it is transferable. If you are unable to attend you may sell your spot to another attendee. The original purchaser must email firstname.lastname@example.org to transfer registration into someone else's name.
All proceeds from this event benefit Silverton Avalanche School and Colorado Avalanche Information Center.
All Photos by Scott DW Smith from Silverton Splitfest 2018.